Last Updated: August 2018
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information we receive from you: You may contact us through our website or request a demo of our products and services. To do so, we ask you for your name, email, and phone number.
- Information sent by your device or browser when you visit our website: When you visit any website, including ours, your browser automatically sends certain information that does not personally identify you. This includes information such as browser type, IP address, and online browsing data (like date and time of access to our website, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”).
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for the following legitimate business purposes:
- To communicate with you. We use information you provide to us in order to communicate with you and to respond to your inquiries or requests for demos or information.
- To improve our website. We combine information about visitors to our website to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information that helps us understand the frequency of visits to our site, the pages visited, and the features clicked.
- For legal purposes. We also use the information we collect where necessary to comply with law or a legal obligation to which we are subject or to exercise or defend legal claims.
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect with the following categories of recipients:
- With third party service providers so that they may perform business functions for us. These individuals have access to the information needed to perform their functions, but may not use if for other purposes.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or governmental authorities, in limited circumstances, when we are required to do so by law or legal process, to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual criminal activity.
At this time, we do not rent, sell or otherwise share information about you with any third party for their direct marketing purposes.
International Data Transfers
We process data in the United States. If you visit our website from outside of the United States, please be aware that the laws of the United States may not be as protective as the data protection laws of your own country. When you voluntarily provide information to us through our website, you are transferring your data to the United States.
Protecting Your Information
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected if for, including as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to exercise our rights and defend claims.
How You Can Control Your Privacy
- Making Changes to or Requesting Deletion of Your Personal Information. You may add to, delete, or change any individual information you have provided to us by writing to us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
- Notice to California Residents. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below. Indicate in your email that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
- Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area. If you reside in the EEA, you have particular rights available to you depending on the legal basis for processing. When we process your data based on our legitimate business interests, you have the right to access, correct and delete your personal information as well as the right to object to processing. To exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
Links to Third Party Sites
Notice of Changes to this Policy
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about this policy or would like to exercise your choices with respect to your data.